“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
11 Quotes To Remember When You’re Overthinking
While everybody overthinks situations from time to time, some people are plagued with a constant barrage of thoughts. They imagine disastrous outcomes, second-guess each decision they make, rehash conversations they had yesterday, and more.
Overthinking can prevent them from doing something. It can also wreak havoc on their mood.
Through comprehensive research, Psychology Prof. Susan Nolen-Hoeksema of the University of Michigan concluded that overthinking typically affects young and middle-aged adults.
There are also more women (about fifty-seven percent) than men (about forty-three percent) who think too much.
You should learn to quiet your mind, rather than distracting it to have more mental clarity, stay focused and break the habit of overthinking.
11 Quotes That You Should Remind Yourself Of When Overthinking:
1. “The more you overthink the less you will understand.” ― Habeeb Akande
2. “They say, “Look before you leap.” So look. But do not look for too long. Do not look into the void of uncertainty trying to predict each and every possible outcome, to evaluate every possible mistake, to prevent each possible failure. Look for the opportunity to leap, and leap faster than your fear can grab you. Leap before you talk yourself out of it before you convince yourself to set up a temporary camp that turns into a permanent delay on your journey into your own heart.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
3. “Don’t get too deep, it leads to overthinking, and overthinking leads to problems that don’t even exist in the first place.” ― Jayson Engay
4. “Thinking too much leads to paralysis by analysis. It’s important to think things through, but many use thinking as a means of avoiding action.” ― Robert Herjavec, The Will To Win: Leading, Competing, Succeeding
5. “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.” ― C. JoyBell C.
6. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” ― C. JoyBell C.
7. “You know, it is a little-known fact that thinking is entirely overrated. The world would be a much better place if we all did a lot less of it.” ― Laurie Viera Rigler
8. “I think and think and think, I‘ve thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer
9. “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” ― Criss Jami, Salomé: In Every Inch In Every Mile
10. “We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them” ― Albert Einstein
11. “This is probably the advantage of being stupid. Stupid people just do. We tend to overthink. If we could eliminate the “over” and just think, then we could do, too. Only we’d be smarter doers because we’d be thinkers.” ― Sarah Strohmeyer
When you find yourself stuck in thought sit and meditate over these things. Read them and let them really resonate with you before trying to settle in. The more you understand the act itself the better you will be able to work through it.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.