Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
2. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
3. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love, and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.
4. “Mothers are the people who love us for no good reason. And those of us who are mothers know it’s the most exquisite love of all.
5. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
6. “Mothers were meant to love us unconditionally, to understand our moments of stupidity, to reprimand us for lame excuses while yet acknowledging our point of view, to weep over our pain and failures as well as cry at our joy and successes, and to cheer us on despite countless start-overs. Heaven knows, no one else will.
Richelle E. Goodrich
7. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
Honore de Balzac
8. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.
Robert A. Heinlein
9. “There will be so many times you feel like you failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child, you are super mom.
10. “Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled, they are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.
11. “Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own.
Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons
12. “My mother has always been my emotional barometer and my guidance. I was lucky enough to get to have one woman who truly helped me through everything.
13. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.
14. “A mother’s love! O holy, boundless thing! Fountain whose waters never cease to spring!
15. “Mothers care in volumes of tears and earnestness of prayers and a depth of emotion others cannot fathom.
Richelle E. Goodrich
16. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
17. “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.
18. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
19. “A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin.
20. “There is no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.
21. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
Dorothy Canfield Fisher
22. “[Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.
23. “Motherlove is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
Marion C. Garretty
24. “Mothers possess power beyond that of a king on his throne.
25. “Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.
T. DeWitt Talmage