1. Sometimes we need someone to just listen. Not to try and fix anything or offer alternatives, but to just be there… to listen. An ear that listens can be medicine for a heart that hurts. – Steve Maraboli
2. Sometime we need some one to simply be there.Not to fix anything or to do anything in particular but just to let us feel that we are cared for and supported
3. “One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” Bryant H. McGill
4. “Listening is an art that requires attention over talent, spirit over ego, others over self.” Dean Jackson
5. “Listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another which both attracts and heals.” L. J. Isham
6. “The first duty of love is to listen.” Paul Tillich
7. “Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone.” Anonymous
8. “When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.” Dalai Lama
9. “The word listen contains the same letters as the word silent.” Alfred Brendel
10. “Never miss a good chance to shut up.” Will Rogers
11. “Listening is about being present, not just about being quiet.” Krista Tippett
12. “Listening to others viewpoints may reveal the one thing needed to complete your goals.” D. Ridgley
13. “The most basic of all human needs is to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.” Ralph Nichols
14. “Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.” Anonymous
15. “There is only one rule for being a good talker – learn to listen.” Anonymous
16. Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
17. I am not interested in whether you’ve stood with the great. I am interested in whether you’ve sat with the broken.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.