1. “Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.
2. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.
3. “A sister is one who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
4. “Sisters are best friends, they are advisors, they are teachers, and best of all they are people with whom you can talk with about anything – someone you have a special bond with
5. “Sisters, as you know, also have a unique relationship. This is the person who has known you your entire life, who should love you and stand by you no matter what, and yet it’s your sister who knows exactly where to drive the knife to hurt you the most.
6. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.
7. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double.
8. “A sister is your family. A sister takes pride with you. A sister is your respectability. A sister is like a bra in your closet. She is like a girl you can trust with all of your secrets. A sister is always by your side.
9. “A Sister is God’s way of proving He doesn’t want us to walk alone.
10. “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.
Christina G. Rossetti
11. “How the hell do you sum up your sister in three minutes? She’s your twin and your polar opposite. She’s your constant companion and your competition. She’s your best friend and the biggest bitch in the world. She’s everything you wish you could be and everything you wish you weren’t.
M. Molly Backes
12. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.
13. “Sister is our first friend and second mother.
14. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
Marion C. Garretty
15. “Sisters are different. They heard the sobbing in the darkness. They lived through all your triumphs, all your favorites, all your loves, and losses. They have no delusions. They lived with you for too long. And so, when you achieve some victory, friends are delighted – but sisters hold your hands in silence and shine with happiness. For they know the cost.
16. “Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks – expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs – that can undermine any tale you’re telling
17. “A sister is both your mirror – and your opposite.
18. “Husbands come and go; children come and eventually they go. Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that’s never lost is your sister.
19. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister.
20. “More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.
21. “Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.
22. “Sisters are always drying their hair. Locked into rooms, alone, they pose at the mirror, shoulders bare, trying this way and that their hair or fly importunate down the stair to answer the telephone.
23. “A sister smiles when one tells stories – for she knows where the decoration has been added.
24. “Sisters are splendid and incredible siblings who tower our life with exuberance and responsiveness at all times!
25. “Sisters share the scent and smell – the feel of a common childhood.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.