Everyone gets angry. The trick is to channel it into something constructive. Work it out before flipping out with the collection of wise and insightful quotes on anger below.
1. Anger is often more hurtful than the injury that caused it.
2. A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.
3. Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
4. Anger is one letter short of danger.
5. Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath.
6. Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you are.
7. Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
8. You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist.
9. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.
10. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
11. Beware the fury of a patient man.
12. Do not teach your children never to be angry; teach them how to be angry.
13. Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it…Don’t allow his anger to become your anger.
14. Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
15. The sharpest sword is a word spoken in wrath.
16. Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
17. At the core of all anger is a need that is not being fulfilled.
18. A man can’t eat anger for breakfast and sleep with it at night and not suffer damage to his soul.
19. Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.
20. Not the fastest horse can catch a word spoken in anger.
21. Anger is a valid emotion. It’s only bad when it takes control and makes you do things you don’t want to do.
22. How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.