There is an indescribable amount of grief after losing a father. Losing a father often means losing a protector, a guiding hand, a best friend, and a superhero. But focusing on all the incredible memories you shared and the amazing man he was can help bring light into your darker days. We hope that the following miss you dad words, quotes, messages, and poems can help to ease your pain with the reminder of your happy memories together.
1. “The loss of my father will always sting. But now, everything that I do is in honor of him and celebrates his life.” – Adrienne C. Moore
2. “That man is a success – who has lived well, laughed often and loved much, who has gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of children, who has filled his niche and accomplished his task. who leaves the world better than he found it, who has never lacked appreciation of earth’s beauty or failed to express it, who looked for the best in others and gave the best he had.” – Unknown
3. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could ever give another person. He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
4. “My appreciation for my father’s greatness cannot be measured.” – Jennifer Williamson
5. “No matter how old we are, we still need our dads, and wonder how we’ll get by without them.” – Jennifer Williamson
6. “A father’s love is forever imprinted on his child’s heart.” – Jennifer Williamson
7. “My Father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
8. “Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten.” – Conrad Hall
9. “My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend.” – Tiger Woods
10. “I think about me and my dad taking a road trip from Phoenix to Nashville when I was 19. He’s no longer here with
11. “The loss of my father was the most traumatic event in my life – I can’t forget the pain.” – Frank Lowy
12.“It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” – Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
13. “This is the price you pay for having a great father. You get the wonder, the joy, the tender moments – and you get the tears at the end, too.” – Harlan Coben
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.