1. Betrayal was what I felt, my heart broken not just by a guy I was in love with, but also by, as I once believed, a true friend.
2. When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves—they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true.
3. Earthquakes just happen. Tornadoes just happen. Your tongue does not just happen to fall into some other girl’s mouth!
4. The more people rationalize cheating, the more it becomes a culture of dishonesty. And that can become a vicious, downward cycle. Because suddenly, if everyone else is cheating, you feel a need to cheat, too.
5. Soon he was online every night until one or two a.m. Often he would wake up at three of four a.m. and go back online. He would shut down the computer screen when I walked in. In the past, he used to take the laptop to bed with him and we would both be on our laptops, hips touching. He stopped doing that, slipping off to his office instead and closing the door even when A was asleep. He started closing doors behind him. I was steeped in denial, but my body knew.
6. Those who cheat on their partners who are loyal to them; don’t deserve them. It is a trashy attitude to disrespect a person who is loyal in a relationship, by cheating on him or her.
—Ellen J. Barrier
7. I gave my heart to a man who loved me, who wanted to be with me. Who ultimately was afraid of all I offered.
8. I didn’t understand why he sabotaged our future at the time – cheating on me, again, as we were making final plans to move in together. By the time he came over to smooth talk his way out of it, I was done. No more crying. Even my tears had given up on him. I’d already moved on, his cheating was simply the key left in the mailbox.
9. Seriously, if the bastards cheat on you, then they don’t deserve you anyway. If that’s a legit fear, then you probably shouldn’t be with them to begin with.
10. Men cannot survive without cheating, it is in their nature.
11. Some people view love and romance as a sacred bond between two individuals. Other people see love as a game, where the goal is to manipulate another individual and gain emotional power over a partner. People who view love as a game are much more likely to have multiple love interest; cheating is just another way to gain control over one’s partner.
12. Cheats prosper until there are enough who bear grudges against them to make sure they do not prosper.
13. He’d lost the only part of his life that made it worth living because of a couple random f.u.c.ks. How ridiculous.”
14. You didn’t just cheat on me; you cheated on us. You didn’t just break my heart; you broke our future.
15. People cheat when they are afraid. When there is no cost to being wrong or confessing ignorance, there is no reason to cheat or fake comprehension.
—Leah Hager Cohen
16. When a man cheats, it is said it is because he is a dog. When a woman cheats, it is said it is because her man is a dog.
17. Virtually all women will always carry the scars and a deep sense of loss and grief from the betrayal. Whether a woman has stayed, left, or been left, it must be remembered that time is the salve on this journey towards forgiveness and healing, because it is also a process of grieving.
—Meryn G. Callander
18. …if you discover your partner is cheating, drink like it’s your last party, blame everyone else for your problems, let binging be your new favorite hobby, and, by all means, FU.C. K. ING PANIC.
The post Ever notice after a breakup appeared first on Wake Up Your Mind.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.